Register to Vote
To register to vote:
- Stop by the clerk's office to pick up an application.
- OR call the office to have the application mailed to you.
- OR visit the Vermont Secretary of State's website to download the application at: http://vermont-elections.org/elections1/voters.html
- OR go to OLVR (on-line voter registration) and register on-line.
Everyone who registers to vote should receive confirmation from the Clerk's office within a few weeks of submitting your application. If you do not receive notification please contact our offie at 846-4105 to verify your voting status.
Absentee ballots are typically available one month prior to an election. You can request one by:
- Calling our office at 846-4105 prior to each election to request an absentee ballot be sent to you.
- Submiting the absentee ballots request form - click here. Complete the form and mail or e-mail to the clerk's office.
- Dropping by City Hall. You can vote here at the City Clerk's office up until the day before the election.
- Going to MyVoterPage at https://mvp.sec.state.vt.us/ to order your ballot.
The City of South Burlington allows absentee voting in the city clerk's office prior to the election (but not on election day). Absentee ballots are brought to the polls on election day and are co-mingled with the ballots cast at the polls.